|2011 New England Supply Chain Conference and Exhibition - Presentation
Competitive Advantages of Sourcing from Canada
a. A map & description of Canada, regional strengths and resources
b. New areas of growth in Canada that might surprise you!
c. Country comparisons
d. Tips for successful sourcing
e. Canada vs...India/China/Eastern Europe...or?
f. Labor costs
g. Infrastructure status
h. The trends in outsourcing (future growth in
outsourcing: clean technologies, biomass/fuels)
i. Current and longstanding outsourcing partnerships
j. Niche commodities.
k. The forecast of future outsourcing in Latin America.
1. Why nearshoring in Canada?
2. Would it make sense to utilize vendors from various regions?
3. Can you discuss pricing differences from region to region?
4. Which companies (that we would recognize) have major investments in
5. How do the attrition rates compare to other countries?
6. What are the most common misconceptions about sourcing in Canada?
7. Are there any disadvantages to nearshoring to Canada?
8. Which countries do you see leading the way?
9. What services are mostly getting outsourced to this region? Which make more
sense than others?
10. How is outsourcing to Canada different than outsourcing to India or China,
from a procurement standpoint as well as from a governance standpoint? (think
security, exchange rate, infrastructure, banking, labor, etc)
11. What are some risks that buyers should be wary of?
12. What do you suggest to buyers who have not yet considered sourcing to