|2010 New England Supply Chain Conference and Exhibition - Frank J. Casale
and Tony R. Mataya Presentation
Sourcing/Nearshoring in Latin America – India & China Are
Frank J. Casale, Founder & CEO of
The Outsourcing Institute (OI)
Tony R. Mataya, Managing Partner, ThinkSolutions, Inc and Chairman, Nearshoring Sourcing Interest Group, Outsourcing Institute
The Outsourcing Institute will lead a panel discussion, of
industry experts in the field of procurement, and specifically in the area of
Outsourcing/Latin America. Here are some of the points of discussion:
a. A map & description of Latin America,PANEL DISCUSSION:
b. Comparisons of countries within Latin America, and what each one
specializes in (and which ones to avoid!)
c. Some of the pros & cons of sourcing in Latin America,
d. Some of the tips and tricks to successfully source in Latin America,
e. A comparison of Latin America, vs India/China/Eastern Europe (we’ve done
the analysis – the results may surprise you!),
f. Approximate range of labor costs in Latin America,
g. Infrastructure status
h. The trends (is outsourcing growing at a fast rate in Latin America, or
i. What big companies are already outsourcing in Latin America (or are
heading over there)?
j. A summary of Latin America’s niche’ commodities. Is it Software, Mfging,
IT, Financial Services? Attend, and find out!
k. The forecast of future outsourcing in Latin America.
1. Why is this concept of nearshoring to Latin America getting so much
2. Can you explain why it might make sense to utilize vendors from various
regions including LATAM?
3. Can you discuss the pricing differences in India vs LATAM? Are they
4. Which companies (that we would recognize) have major investments in
outsourcing down there?
5. How do the attrition rates compare to India?
6. What are the most common misconceptions about sourcing in LATAM or LATAM
7. Are there any disadvantages to nearshoring to LATAM as compared it
8. Which countries do you see leading the way?
9. What services are mostly getting outsourced to this region? Which make
more sense than others?
10. How is outsourcing to Latin America different than outsourcing to India
or China, from a procurement standpoint as well as from a governance
11. What are some risks that buyers should be wary of?
12. What do you suggest to buyers who have not yet considered nearshoring to